“Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”
I’ve recently gotten the travel bug ever since my husband and I went on our amazing honeymoon and I’ve been trying to go on more amazing getaways. It was my first time going somewhere that wasn’t on the east coast and going somewhere internationally. (The majority of travel experience involves just the Pigeon Forge area in Tennessee.) We went on a Disney Cruise that traveled to Saint Thomas, and to San Juan, Puerto Rico. We’re going on another cruise in May and I can’t wait! This one will be traveling on the western side of the Caribbean. I figure now would be the best time to go on our dream getaways before we start having to take kids with us. There’s a lot I want to see inside the United States and outside of it and these are just my top five dream getaways!
- I want to go to Japan. Japan is at the top of the list. My husband and I are in the process of planning a trip there and as of right now it probably won’t happen till next year. I have read SO many books on Japan, I’m very fascinated by Japanese culture and food. I also watch a ton of anime and read lots of manga, so that could have something to do with it too.
- I want to go to Seattle. I want to go to Seattle so bad. I think it has something to do with the coffee addict in me and the fact it’s on the west coast and I’ve never been anywhere on the west coast at all.
- I want to go to Italy. And by Italy I mean Rome and Venice. Rome is very important to me because ever since I’ve studied Baroque art, I’ve always wanted to see the paintings, sculptures, and the churches in real life. Venice however, I really just want to ride in a gondola, and it was where my favorite childhood book ‘The Thief Lord’ was based, and ever since I’ve been enchanted by the idea of Venice.
- I want to go to New York City. I have ALWAYS wanted to go and see the Big Apple, and I almost had the chance to go once, but alas it was not meant to be and I haven’t ever forgotten it either. It’s on my bucket list to go see a Broadway play.
- I want to go to Greece. Another destination that I would love to go see because of my interest in art history. To be able to go to Santorini would be a dream come true! To be able to see all the ruins and architecture, oh my goodness, I get so excited just thinking about it! Also to travel to the island of Patmos where John wrote Revelations, would be an amazing experience as well!I’m a firm believer that I can make these trips happen. If I don’t get to them while I’m young, I know I’ll make my husband take me when I’m a totally hip and cool grandma! What’s on your top five list?